You can define a Chef Infra dynamic secret to allow users to dynamically generate access credentials for a Chef Infra server.
To create a Chef Infra dynamic secret, ensure that:
- You have administrator access to the Akeyless Gateway.
- You have administrator access to your Chef Infra server.
Log in to the Akeyless Gateway and go to Dynamic Secrets > New > Chef Infra Producer.
Define the following:
- Name: A unique name that describes the purpose or permission scope of the secret.
- Location: The path to the virtual folder in which to create the secret.
- Encrypt Dynamic Producer with the following Key: Select the encryption key with which to encrypt the dynamic secret (if your system includes multiple encryption keys). Otherwise, select Default.
- Server username: The username for connecting to the Chef Infra server to generate credentials.
- Server key: The access key for connecting to the Chef Infra server to generate credentials.
- Server URL: The URL of the Chef Infra server.
- Skip SSL: Select this checkbox to disable SSL connections.
- Organizations: The Chef Infra server organization to which users generated by the dynamic secret should be added.
- User TTL: The length of time for which the credentials generated by the dynamic secret are valid, by default 60 (minutes).
- Time unit: The time unit for the TTL, by default, minutes
Updated 10 months ago